Last Updated: December 11, 2018
Inception Date: 2009-08-12 00:00:00.0
Date Funded: 2013-07-01*
Note: Tickers and weights for RTG Folios are only available when logged in.
Steps to Create This Folio
- Asset class glide paths are derived for each of the 25 largest public target date fund families from published monthly returns.
- These glide paths are averaged into an industry average glide path.
- The 2010 asset class portfolio is selected from the industry average glide path.
- ETFs are used to implement each asset class. Low-cost ETFs are selected based on their ability to effectively track asset class indexes.
Number of Securities
There are generally between 10 and 15 securities in the folio.
MarketGlide™ 2010 folio allocations are generally updated quarterly.
The following are reevaluated annually:
- Which target date fund families should be considered during MarketGlide 2010 folio creation.
- Whether the asset class palette appropriately represents the average target date strategy.
Corporate actions, such as a merger, or other events may prompt changes to the securities at any time.
If you do not rebalance quarterly to realign your holdings to the updated MarketGlide 2010 folio allocations, you will not receive the design benefit of having your risk decrease as you approach 2010.
If the characteristics of the Folio have changed substantially, the securities included may change. Also, corporate actions, such as a merger, or other events may cause changes to the securities held at any time. Your returns may deviate significantly from the values displayed here, due to many factors, including how long after a folio has been updated that you place orders to update your holdings. RTGs are updated using market data from multiple sources including Zacks Investment Research ( www.zacks.com ), International Data Corporation (IDC) ( www.idc.com ), and other suppliers.