Last Updated: May 23, 2018
Inception Date: 2009-08-12 00:00:00.0
Date Funded: 2013-07-01*
|Folio||S&P 500 Total Return|
(% of Folio)
|1||BND||vanguard total bond market index fund||19.50%|
|2||BWX||spdr barclays capital international trea||0.80%|
|3||DBC||powershares db commodity index tracking||1.70%|
|4||EMB||ishares jpmorgan usd emerging markets bo||1.90%|
|5||HYG||ishares iboxx $ high yield corporate bon||3.20%|
|6||IEFA||ishares tr core msci eafe||11.60%|
|7||IWD||ishares russell 1000 value index fund||13.70%|
|8||IWF||ishares russell 1000 growth index fund||23.10%|
|9||IWN||ishares russell 2000 value index fund||4.20%|
|10||IWO||ishares russell 2000 growth index fund||4.20%|
|11||MINT||pimco enhanced short maturity strategy f||4.40%|
|12||TIP||ishares barclays tips bond fund||3.40%|
|13||VNQ||vanguard reit etf||2.60%|
|14||VSS||vanguard ftse all-world ex-us small-cap||2.40%|
|15||VWO||vanguard emerging markets index fund||3.30%|
Steps to Create This Folio
- Asset class glide paths are derived for each of the 25 largest public target date fund families from published monthly returns.
- These glide paths are averaged into an industry average glide path.
- The 2030 asset class portfolio is selected from the industry average glide path.
- ETFs are used to implement each asset class. Low-cost ETFs are selected based on their ability to effectively track asset class indexes.
Number of Securities
There are generally between 10 and 15 securities in the folio.
MarketGlide™ 2030 folio allocations are generally updated quarterly.
The following are reevaluated annually:
- Which target date fund families should be considered during MarketGlide 2030 folio creation.
- Whether the asset class palette appropriately represents the average target date strategy.
Corporate actions, such as a merger, or other events may prompt changes to the securities at any time.
If you do not rebalance quarterly to realign your holdings to the updated MarketGlide 2030 folio allocations, you will not receive the design benefit of having your risk decrease as you approach 2030.
If the characteristics of the folio have changed substantially, the securities included may change. Also, corporate actions, such as a merger, or other events may cause changes to the securities held at any time. Your returns may deviate significantly from the values displayed here, due to many factors, including how long after a folio has been updated that you place orders to update your holdings.