This FDIC-insured enhanced-yield deposit program is designed to provide income on larger cash deposits, safety of capital, and next-day access to funds.
To deposit money in this program, enter the security symbol FDIC.PLUS in the Non-Folio Holdings section of your account. There is a minimum deposit of $25,000 to earn interest.
Current Interest Rates and Tiers
|As Of October 17, 2019|
The rates published above are effective as of the date stated on the website. When rates change and new rates become effective, we attempt to update them promptly on our website. If you have any questions about rates on a given day, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 1(888) 973-7890.
Rates are variable and may change at any time. Each day, we calculate the interest on your cash and add it to your account monthly. We round the daily interest amount to the nearest $0.01. If your daily interest is less than $0.005, then you may not be paid any interest on that day.
- Within a single account, you must have at least $25,000 in FDIC.PLUS to earn interest.
- As long as the minimum balance is met and maintained, interest is earned at the applicable rate on the entire balance in the FDIC.PLUS investment.
- For purposes of calculating or earning interest, or determining rates, balances deposited in FDIC.PLUS in one account are not aggregated with balances deposited in FDIC.PLUS in any other account. For example:
- If you deposit $15,000 in FDIC.PLUS in an IRA account and $15,000 in FDIC.PLUS in an individual account, neither deposit will earn interest.
- If you deposit $25,000 in FDIC.PLUS in an IRA account and another $25,000 in FDIC.PLUS in an individual account, both deposits will earn interest, but at the rate payable on a $25,000 balance in each account and not at the rate applicable to a $50,000 balance.
- FDIC.PLUS deposits can be made only in non-folio holdings in each account.
- Unlike our automatic sweep mechanism, you must buy FDIC.PLUS like a security with the security symbol FDIC.PLUS. We do not do it automatically for you.
- We do not charge any fees to deposit or withdraw cash from FDIC.PLUS.